Thursday, December 8, 2011

Work

I've started placing the texture on the green piece and things are going pretty well. I've decided to make it very vertical in direction and have a bit of a swoop to create a sort of movement. I am going to go back into the brown piece this weekend and try and figure out what it is that I am not liking with it.
Meirav and I were talking and she came up with the idea of giving it more luminosity and direction by having the two ends that have luminosity coming together through the middle and also having all of the textured pieces work together to go in one direction. We'll see if it helps, if not, I'm still pleased with the color of the piece itself, not necessarily the texture. We'll see.
Hopefully I can get all three of these pieces done by my presentation (I will get them done!) and I'm excited to show my work and get feedback. I also feel like I need to write out some more of my thoughts and create a more cohesive way of speaking about my work rather than winging it and hoping for the best. I'm going to give a mock review to my housemates this weekend and see what someone who does not know much about art has to say about my approach and my aesthetics.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good Erica, I like the direction these are going in. It will be interesting to see how the brown piece looks with some more dynamism from the swooping luminosity. It always helps to practice speaking about your work, a group of people outside of the art world is great, often that's who will be the majority of your audience, so it's good to bounce things off them to see if your being to esoteric. I like to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete