Sunday, January 1, 2012

Cells and mixed media

I've been thinking a lot over break as to what direction to go. It kind of stinks because I don't have any of my supplies and I've been traveling all break so I haven't had much chance to actually be painting and doing studies, but I've been searching the internet for visuals to start from. I've been looking at a lot of blown glass for color and shapes, and have sort of begun to realize that some of my work looks like blood cells. I have some photos that are screen shot close ups of blown glass abstractions that I'm looking at for color and, in some, shape. I'm really excited to get back to my studio and start a new.



I've also been super interested in looking at the artist Jonas Gerard which was mentioned to me by someone when I was back home and I've really fallen in love with his process and the way in which he uses color and texture and creates movement and chaos which is something that I think I've been struggling in my work thus far and where I want to push myself. Here are some of the works I am looking at and enjoying and want to sort of explore further this idea of possible mixed media even because in some of his work if you look closely there are photo transfers and I've always been interested in mixed media work and feel that it would give my work that much more depth.


No comments:

Post a Comment