Friday, February 10, 2012

Just going with the Anger

I went into my studio yesterday and really decided I absolutely hated the green and orange piece, so I went into with with my palette knife with a completely separate maroon color and started just scrapping it in different places throughout the canvas. This not only got out my anger, but the change in edge relationship was refreshing. I also went back in with a paper towel and rubbed out places so the under painting could show through which are the parts I really enjoy. I'm thinking about doing a wash like this over one complete painting and seeing how that turns out. For me, they all just feel a little too similar in the way in which I execute them and I think that may be why I am getting so bored and frustrated so I've decided to just go with my anger and impulse and just completely regenerate my focus. Hopefully this works.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing this. Breaking the rules does sound good for you.
    janie

    ReplyDelete