Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Frustrations

I'm having such a hard time with my IP and thesis in general. I know that it is "normal" to feel this way, but honestly I'm not used to not knowing what I am going to do or figuring out a solution. I get bored very easily and tend to just go and start a new project but with this I can't do that so I am beginning to feel very trapped and stuck. Part of me just wants to splatter all over these paintings and just completely go off the charts with them and stop thinking all together... then the other part of me realizes that that is a bit crazy and not what IP is all about. I'm getting so frustrated with myself and this lack of confidence and I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I want these colors and painting techniques to wow people, and make them come up to the works and be like "I love it, how was it done, ohh ahhh" But I'm not even getting that vibe so how do I expect others to? I am just very emotionally drained and honestly can't even stand the pieces anymore... I don't know what to do. I thought I had everything all figured out but now I am completely lost and wondering if any of these pieces are even worth showing. Today colin said that she talked to an artist who said they threw away 80 percent of their work... 80 percent would leave me with one painting at the end of all of this, and the space I'm showing for sure does not allot for that... I don't know what to do. I think I'm going to honestly just begin painting colors that I love on top of these paintings and seeing where that goes because at this point I'm just trying to have different variations of colors for each piece and it's just not working for me.
Who knows. Here are some new pictures of the current works. Bllllaaaahhhh!




No comments:

Post a Comment