Wednesday, September 21, 2011

9/20/11 Thoughts

So, I've already begun my process and this first piece is in it's beginning stages. I believe I am going to make this into a triptych. The underpainting of this new piece was a triptych to begin with, arranged in a non-traditional way. Using vertical and horizontal orientation. I think so this piece I'm going to use the same canvas's and arrange them in a sequence of vertical's. I'm not sure if this idea will stick because I'm still debating. I have been learning a lot in my color class about the way hues change when placed overtop of ground's with different intensities which I believe will help me in my painting. I brought some more paintings in from storage yesterday and will be going through those to see which ones I would like to use or keep. I still need to get my bigger canvas's out of storage but they are sort of buried at the moment. :)
Here is a photo of the piece I am currently working on painting over:

No comments:

Post a Comment