Tuesday, September 27, 2011

David Maisel

I've begun to think about different artists and why I enjoy their work. I was looking through Katie Barrie's blog (I spent about 2 hours today looking through old blogs) and found David Maisel's work. I remember his stamps lecture from last year and how much I enjoyed it. The repetition of shapes and the magnificent color relations are what I find most appealing.



The saturation is something that I really try to accomplish in my paintings and what I find so amazing about these photographs because the feel like paintings. When I saw the stamps lecture I even thought these were paintings then realized they were photographs from an ariel view.

3 comments:

  1. I like his work too Erica and can see a definite connection formally. I look forward to seeing your new work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Erica, I am just now catching up with my posts. I found David's work very interesting, particularly his use of toxic materials and heavy metals to make such beautiful colors. I can see the irony. Please think about it. Sadashi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, sorry I typed this wrong. I meant to say taking photos of toxic materials and heavy metals is really interesting. Sadashi

    ReplyDelete