Monday, September 26, 2011

New Painting

I'm sticking with the theme of working with old paintings, and painting over them though this new painting has a different under painting. It is a board that was covered with cut up square pieces of canvas about 1 inch by 1 inch covering the canvas. It was a self-portrait from high school that I really ended up not liking and have had tucked away back at my house in St. Louis. I really enjoy the texture that is created, but the content really isn't working. So I've taken it to explore different textures juxtaposed and how they create a new way of thinking. These new smaller pieces are more of preliminary sketches in a way for me, getting myself caught back up to mixing colors and also trying out new colors. Here is a photo of the piece before I have painted on it. I came in on Sunday at worked on it for about 2 hours. It is a green piece now, I'll put up pictures soon.


These are also works that start to explore texture. These are more that were done during this past summer and were painted over original pieces as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment